1. Start at the library’s home page: http://library.lamar.edu.
2. Click on "Database List".
3. Click on letter for the database you want to use or select Database List by Subject.
4. Choose a database by Title.
5. Sign in with your LEA username and password.
Choosing the right option for you is a matter of choice and depends on your subject of interest or study.
Once you’re in a database, search for key words and terms related to your topic. Each database has search options, so become familiar with them. Most will be common among the databases, such as: Full Text, Scholarly (Peer-Reviewed), and Date Range.
The search results will be a list of article citations. Many databases provide full-text articles, so the article will be available to read, print, or download. Articles available as PDF or full page image will be scans of the original articles. HTML or plain text articles will include just the text from the articles.
If the article is not available full text you will see a link for JournalFinder. Click on it and you will be able to see if we have the journal in another database (computer icon), in print (book icon), or if you need to request it through Interlibrary Loan.