Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
RefWorks is a web-based citation management tool that lets you create bibliographies in a wide variety of styles. This guide is intended to introduce its basic features and provides links to in-depth tutorials.
1. Start at the library’s home page: http://library.lamar.edu.
2. Click the “Databases" tab.
3. Select A to Z Database Listing.
4. Sign in with your LEA username and password.
5. Select "R" for Refworks.
Video:Creating your account
Create an account
First-time users register to create individual logins.
- After accessing RefWorks, you will come to the RefWorks User Login for Lamar University.
- Click on Sign up for an Individual Account
- Fill in all fields in the New User Information box
- Enter your email address in the E-mail Address field (does not need to be your LU email)
- Click on Register
- RefWorks will send you an email confirmation; click through the link to verify your account.
- Congratulations! You have a RefWorks account!
Library Answers (v2 Ask A Librarian FAQs )