Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews contains full text articles, as well as protocols focusing on the effects of healthcare. The reviews are highly structured and systematic, with evidence included or excluded on the basis of explicit quality criteria, to minimize bias. Data is evidence-based medicine and is often combined statistically (with meta-analysis) to increase the power of the findings of numerous studies, each too small to produce reliable results individually. Now included in the 4800-plus records are 22 reviews which formerly made up the Cochrane Database of Methodology Reviews. This database is updated quarterly.
1. Start at the library’s home page: http://library.lamar.edu.
2. Click on Database List.
3. Click on "E" and Select Ebscohost
4. Sign in with your LEA username and password.
5. From the Ebsco listing click on Cochrane Database of Systemic Reviews.
6. Click on Continue
1. Enter your search terms in the boxes at the top of the page.
2. Select limiters and click on search
Full Text Document Type
New Records Recently Updated Records
Reviews with Comments and Criticism Year of Publication - Reviews From
Year of Publication/Protocols From Date of last edited version/ Most Recent
Date Last Assessed Substantive Amendment from
Records by Review Groups Cochrane Library Source